Everything was once peaceful in the Jubilee Realm – a distant universe formed from individuals’ fond memories of the holidays. Here, humanity’s composite recollections were weaved into brilliant landscapes and simple, kindly beings. However, ages have passed and the thoughts that shaped the realm have been tainted by a dark force – people’s spiteful memories of their special occasions. The Holidaemon, six ruthless beings born from this negative energy, have begun taking over the Jubilee Realm and threaten to infect all its inhabitants with their influence.
Thankfully, all is not lost. Blink the Bulb, a lone resident of Winter Land, has set off to defeat the Holidaemon before they conquer the entire world. Looking skyward, he vows to vanquish their evil and restore the inhabitants of the Jubilee Realm to their former selves.
Blink the Bulb is a 16-bit platform game styled after Genesis-era classics with added pseudo-random content for replayability. The game spans six holiday-themed worlds and features:
- massive, open levels to explore
- day/night cycles that occur between levels, altering enemy behaviors, minibosses, stage gimmicks, and obtainable items
- 20 different “passive” items to collect, with percent chance or cooldown-based effects such as: spawning zombies, increasing invincibility frame duration, creating a protective barrier of thorns, and preventing fatal damage
- 10 different “active” items that can be used at will, including a fire-spewing candle and a shooting star dash attack
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 Gz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
- Storage: 119 MB available space
- Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio