In Extremis is a shoot’em up game that aims to bring an engaging and fun experience to the player, while also experimenting with the nature of the language of videogames.
Taking inspiration from sources such as centuries-old mysticism to contemporary pop-culture, In Extremis suits itself for all kinds of players with smart level design and multiple ways of tackling challenges.
Offering challenges and secrets, In Extremis tries to bridge the gap between art and fun, the underground and the mainstream, the old and the new.
- Classic shoot’em up action that brings numerous new ideas to the genre, while also being accessible to newcomers.
- Eleven stages, each one with their own visual aesthetic and distinct set of mechanics. Fight through the domains of war, sex, nostalgia, fear, melancholy, and many more.
- Twelve different weapons, each one with their own subtleties and quirks, for the player to mix and match.
- An eclectic soundtrack, featuring everything from big band jazz to foot-thumping electronic jams to gentle piano ballads to trippy psychedelic rock.
- A mysterious narrative, as well as numerous secrets and surprises, await brave and inquisitive players.
- OS: Windows XP or higher
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 200 MB available space