Natural Selection 2 pits alien against human in an action-packed struggle for survival. Wield devastating weaponry as a Frontiesman marine, or become the xenomorph as a deadly. Kharaa life-form.
Strategy Meets Shooter
Natural Selection 2 is a First Person Shooter and Real Time Stategy game rolled into one! Each team, alien and human, has a Commander. The Commander looks down on the battlefield and issues orders, places structures, collects resources, researches technology, and deploys abilities.
Here are some gameplay examples: A human Commander could drop health packs and ammunition to a trapped marine squad, and deploy sentry guns to help them defend their position. Or an alien Commander could grow a new Hive to spread infestation throughout newly captured territory, allowing more alien eggs to spawn…
Two Unique Sides
Aliens players choose to evolve into one of five lifeforms: The fast, fearsome Skulk can run on walls and deliver massive damage with is jaws. Lerks fly and deploy gasses to support their teammates in battle. Gorges heal other lifeforms and build tunnels, hydra turrets, walls, and other tactical structures. Fades blink in and out of battle, picking off marines with giant scythes. Finally, the giant Onos is so massive and so tough, that even entire marine squads can’t take it down.
Marines wield rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, pistols, and other weapons. Cluster grenades can clear ventilation shafts of sneaky Skulks, flamethrowers make short work of alien structures and infestation, and boosts dropped by the Commander increase combat effectiveness.
When attacking on foot doesn’t cut it, marines can construct hulking Exosuits wielding miniguns and railguns, and equip jetpacks for high speed assaults on alien Hives.
Long Term Development
Natural Selection 2 receives constant updates. This year, 2016, Unknown Worlds continues to develop new features, content, and improvements.
Mod Tools Come Standard
Natural Selection 2 comes with all the tools we used to make the game. All game code is open source. That means you can create, and play, an endless variety of mods. Publish, share, and download mods from the Steam Workshop, and automatically download mods when you join modded games.
Digital Deluxe Edition
Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
- Official Soundtrack – 1 hour of tribal, industrial music composed by David John and Simon Chylinski
- Digital Art Book – 40+ pages of art by Cory Strader, including environments, creatures, weapons and more
- Exclusive in-game marine model – Exclusive in-game marine model – A new marine model with custom visor and armor plating
- Exclusive Wallpapers and Avatars – Unique views of the NS2 universe by Amanda Diaz
- OS:Windows Vista 32-bit
- Processor:Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66 GHz) or better
- Memory:3 GB RAM
- Graphics:DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1 GB VRAM and support for Shader Model 3 (e.g. AMD X800, NVidia 8600 or better)
- Hard Drive:12 GB HD space
- OS:Windows 7 64-bit or newer
- Processor:Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz) or better
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1.5 – 2 GB VRAM (AMD 5770, NVidia GTX 450 or better)
- Hard Drive:12 GB HD space
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection