Fight with grappling hooks and fly pirate ships in Skyhook, a local multiplayer platformer.
Local Multiplayer Arena Combat for 1-4 Players
- Use your grappling hook to kill your enemies and swing around the level in free for all combat.
- Choose from five unique characters, like the fast moving cat Jade or the teleporting assassin Anara.
- Mount vehicles like the cannon firing Airship or the lightning shooting Gryphon.
- Watch for chests that fall from the sky, stuffed with powerups like the berserker helmet, the shield, and the doppelganger mirror.
- Customize matches with Special Options like Double Jump and Deadly Dodges.
- No friends around? No problem! Play against up to three CPU players at different difficulty levels.
- Play with controllers and/or keyboard.
- Deathmatch – Fight to the death until the last man, woman, shark or cat is standing.
- Team Deathmatch – 2v2 or 3v1 battles where you can hook onto your teammates for gravity defying swings.
- Steam Tank – Fight more tactfully with a limit of three hooks that only regenerate when you’re on solid ground.
- Sky Slayers – Earn points by killing your enemies, but lose points by killing yourself.
- Capture the Swag – Grab the bag of swag on the stage and hold onto it as long as you can. Collect the most swag to win.
- Sky Ball – A team based sport where you use your grappling hook to score on the other team’s goal.
- Quests – Take on difficult challenges to earn trophies and unlock new character skins.
Skyhook is developed live on Twitch at http://twitch.tv/qazitv. Come hang out to watch solo developer Wase Qazi code new updates and animate new skins and characters live Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2pm EST.
- Is there controller support?
Yes, Skyhook has full controller support, and is compatible with most standard gamepads including Xbox and Playstation controllers.
- Will there be online multiplayer?
The game is currently local co-op only, and can be played single player against AI. There are currently no plans to add online multiplayer.
- How big is the development team?
The game is made mostly by one person, Wase Qazi, who handles all the design, pixel art, and programming. Julian Shanahan is responsible for the music and Katherine Murray is responsible for the illustrations.
- Will the game support other languages?
I’d love to support more languages. Let me know in the Discussion boards which languages you’d like to see!
- OS: Windows XP (SP2) or later
- Processor: 1.66 GHz Dual Core Processor or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics or equivalent
- Storage: 300 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Gamepad highly recommended