Subspace Continuum is one of the longest-running multiplayer action games in the world. Entirely player-managed and supported, its dedicated community continues to play this game year after year for its responsive, nuanced controls and instantly-addictive combat.
What makes this game so special?
- Customized zones each with their own unique ship settings
- Automated leagues with detailed stat tracking
- Wide array of weapons and tools, including: bullets, bombs, mines, repels, bursts, decoys, temporary walls, and more
- A variety of play modes: CTF, turf, deathmatch, ball games, team deathmatch, base assault, and hundreds of special events
- Oldschool ambiance, a nice contrast to new games with all style and no substance
- A community glad to welcome newcomers, and with real personality
- Netcode so optimized that you can run smoothly from almost any connection or location
It’s hard to describe why people love this game so much. Like any classic, even today, it still feels fresh. But it’s not without its faults; it has an older interface that can be confusing at first. New players have to first set up a profile by clicking the Profile button, and then typing in a Player Name and Password at the top right. This name must be unique to the network. The only way to check is by pressing OK, choosing a zone from the list, and then pressing Play to see if your name is already in use. (Hint: it probably is, so try something unusual!)
Once you’re in the game, you can access the menu by pressing Escape. Change to a new ship by pressing 1-8, or choose S to spectate. By default, Ctrl fires your guns, Tab will Bomb, and Shift is your afterburner. To talk to other players, just start typing.
If you can handle a few quirks, you might discover why Subspace Continuum has such incredible lasting appeal. Come on in, try a few different zones, and see for yourself! You might just find it’s your new favorite game.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: Intel 2 Duo
- Memory: 40 MB RAM
- Graphics: Any
- DirectX: Version 5.2
- Storage: 25 MB available space
- Sound Card: Any
- Additional Notes: This game is most likely to run on any computer.