Templar Battleforce is an addictive mix of strategic combat and army building with the precision gameplay of RPGs. Step into a Leviathan mech and lead the Templar Knights in battle against fierce Xenos. Create your own unique Battleforce by recruiting an array of Templar specialists — and invent distinct strategies for your fireteams. Deploy your forces in tactical scenarios that challenge both novice and veteran alike. Put your best strategies to the test and see if you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in this futuristic turn-based wargame.
Armored in the Leviathan battle mechs, your mighty Templars will face hordes of terrifying Xenos, rogue human factions, and the ancient Narvidian threat. Slash and blast your way across a deep and deadly sci-fi universe — waging war with cunning Scouts, righteous Soldiers, flamethrowing Hydras, specialized Engineers, deadly Sentry Turrets, and the indomitable Berserks.
Lead your squad as they blast, hack, and burn their way through the quadrant!
- Command your Templars in turn-based tactical warfare across 55+ unique scenarios
- Face diverse challenges in every deployment: corridor-to-corridor, open desert warfare, territory control (capturing tactical points), defensive last stands, scorched-earth retreats, infiltration deep behind enemy lines, and complex puzzles
- Lead your squad in battle against immense and mighty bosses
- Immerse yourself in a branching sci-fi storyline and explore a vast sci-fi lore
- Deploy specialist Templars and discover unique fireteam combinations with stealth, grenades, defensive overwatch, scorching flamethrowers, hindering attacks, and sentry turrets
- Face 25+ diverse enemy units: the Xeno, the Narvidians, and rogue human factions
- Build your unique battleforce with exacting precision, recruit and design every squad member
- Customize the appearance, armor design, talents, and equipment of your veteran Templars
- Endless combinations of squads, soldiery, and tactics will keep you coming back for more!
- Replay the campaign with your victorious squad in a New Game+ mode
The Templar Knights are a revered and storied martial order who were the elite forces for the Star Traders during their most challenging conflict: the Galactic War against the Guild.
Their unchallenged prowess derives from two key factors:
- Leviathan Battle Suits – They pilot 10 foot tall battle mechs known as Leviathan Battle Suits. Once designed for high-pressure environments and exploring gas giants and deep space, these mechs have been adapted for war.
- Templar Lineage – Templars descend from a Zendu bloodline — a unique heritage that gives them the ability (with proper training and ritual) to pass all of memories from their lives (and any memories passed down by their ancestors) to a newly born child. This memory gift is known as a Templar’s Lineage – and it is what gives Templars their immense advantage in combat, tactics, engineering, and the ability to drive the hulking Leviathan Battle Suits. The player takes on the role of a Templar Captain who hails from a storied Lineage reaching back 87 Templars — and who pages back through the memories to help cope with the dire situation at hand.
The Templar Knights are a martial order sworn to protect the Star Traders – the last known free humans. Under the guidance of the Templars and the prophet Shalun, the Star Traders departed the ruins of the Galactic Core, leaving behind desolation wrought by the great Galactic War. Guided by the prophet, the Star Traders sought a new home among the stars. Across the multi-generational journey of the Great Exodus, many ships have been lost, fallen behind, or splintered from the main fleet — scattering the Star Traders to the galactic winds.
With the Great Exodus coming to an end, the Star Traders founded new colonies on the few remaining habitable worlds. The Templar Knights are called upon once again to defend the Star Traders and their new colonies from an ancient threat.
Templar Battleforce is the fourth Trese Brothers title set in the Star Traders universe. The game follows Templar Assault, the Trese Brothers’ original squad-based warfare game in which players lead squads of Templar Knights against the Xeno threat. Templar Battleforce inherits not only the rich story of its predecessor, but the game’s high tension and corridor-to-corridor combat style. Games created by the Trese Brothers are known for challenging difficulty progressions, so you’ll have the option to play on easy and normal difficulties — or crank it up into multiple gears of insanely challenging combat!
Trese Brothers Games is one of the premier indie game development studios for desktop and mobile RPG and strategy games. Andrew and Cory Trese founded Trese Brothers Games in 2010 from a shared passion for challenging, highly replayable games. With more than six games on major game platforms and markets, Trese Brothers Games has more than 2.5 million customers . . . and counting.
Come join the family! We’re an indie studio built on the mixed skills of three brothers: Cory is the oldest and our engineering ninja, Andrew is the middle brother who both codes and draws, and Martin is the youngest and the artistic talent behind Templar Battleforce. You can find our team interacting with gamers every day on our forum about everything from features to new content.
We make games we love — and we hope you’ll love them, too!
- OS: Windows XP, Windos Vista, or Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Graphics: Requires OpenGL 2.0 or higher
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires MS Visual Studio C++ Runtime 2012 x86