Seed, Breed, Create.
From single cell organisms to complex ecosystems. Creatura is a virtual aquarium/terrarium tank to manage and simulate evolution from the very ground up. Every plant and animal inside takes part in natural and artificial selection, creating unlimited possibilities in simulating or recreating unique environments and pets, while being scientifically accurate with up-to-date biology research and helping to understand Charles Darwin and Gregor Mendel great discoveries with simple and captivating gameplay.
At The Beginning, There Was (Mostly) Water.
With empty vivarium tank at hand, start your journey to create thriving biomes using only time and artificial/natural selection mechanisms. Begin with single cyanobacteria to rush the botanical travel through algae, ferns, vines, grasses up to modern flowers and fruit trees, just by strategically taking plant cuttings, the same method agriculture used for last ten thousands of years. Every plant shape, colour and type is possibility, just wait for desired mutation to appear, take a clipping and plant it to create new and unique flora species.
Then, Wild Fish Appeared.
While some multicellular organisms thrive using only sun for photosynthesis, other quickly evolve ability to cannibalize living entities for energy. Where access to sunlight is unlimited, the algae will conquer ecosystem, but in other places, deep below, within abundance of decomposing biological material, the mighty proto-sponge will start the process of eumetazoic evolution. With Your guidance and just right conditions, the sponge will slowly free itself from ground and start the millennial crawl towards complex lifeforms. From that point, it’s up to You to create and grow environment providing food and safety for one specie, while simultaneously crafting hunting grounds for others.
The Ape That Ate The Fish.
After contemplating the cycle of life and beauty of it’s creation – how about breaking it with science? Instead of waiting millennia for proper mutations randomly popping up, use in-game GCAT-DNA editor (based on state of art very real software used by modern scientists all over the world), sequence the genome, lookup DNA amino-acid groups on Wikipedia and play god… even more! While at it – claim the creations as new species, fill the animal and plant almanac with new entries, and create a unique life-tree. For the science! (And XP points, too)
By The End, The Water Was Gone.
Whether You are completionist looking to unlock every specie and genus in game, or just casual player growing his own perfect virtual tank, Creatura provides relaxing gameplay, thousands of customization options and pleasant environment with limitless progress conditions. Play with your animals, trade plant cuttings, share tank designs and enjoy the unique digital world You’ve created from scratch, in the ultimate evolution vivarium experience.
- – Procedurally generated plants allowing for billions of possible combinations.
- – Create new flora species by taking cuttings of your plants and cultivating the mutations.
- – Authentic GCAT-DNA editor based on software currently used by scientists
- – Interfere with natural selection by modifying tank environment.
- – Discover new species of animals and plants, be first to name them and share online.
- – Design new, stunning vivaria, or recreate real-life aquariums and terrariums.
- – Relaxing gameplay, incorporating botany and biology research into game.
- OS: 7
- Processor: Intel Core, AMD Phenom
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DX9 compatible, 512MB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 500 MB available space
- OS: 7
- Processor: Intel iX, AMD Ryzen
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DX11 compatible, 1GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1 GB available space