Icebound is a steampunk fantasy visual novel and puzzle game in a world that has fallen into the depths of a thousand-year ice age. Alchemy is a very real ability to manipulate the forces of nature and machines run using clockworks and steam. Humans have united under the Empire, a mighty continent-wide government that seeks to harness the power of alchemy, while the horned race of ferans lives in tenuous peace.
A wandering alchemist named Dougal, and his icebat Familiar, Isaac, wind up in Isenbarr, an isolated frontier town that is about as cold as you can get. But, when he tries to get a job, he stumbles upon a mysterious challenge with a potentially priceless reward, and several other alchemists vying for the prize. He must use all the alchemical skills at his disposal in order to defeat the monster plaguing the town and prove himself worthy. Unfortunately for him, this seemingly straightforward task turns out to be anything but.
- A whimsical yet complex story with over 100,000 words of alchemy, mystery, romance and deceit.
- Many moral choices that change characters’ dialogue and reactions, and influence the story’s ending.
- Includes an unlockable encyclopedia that fleshes out the game’s world.
Challenging puzzle gameplay
- Put your alchemy skills to the test in 10 increasingly difficult optional puzzles.
- Includes a high quality original soundtrack and music room.
- OS: Windows XP SP1
- Processor: Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
- Memory: 128 MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel Integrated Chipset
- Storage: 300 MB available space