Enter the ambient world of Osmos: elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a minimalist, electronic soundtrack.
Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes. Propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you. But be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Relax – good things come to those who wait.
- Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
- Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and more challenging worlds. (47 levels, plus bonus content)
- Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you
- Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- Processor: 1 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 3D graphics card with OpenGL support. Minimum resolution 800×600
- DirectX®: N/A (OpenGL)
- Hard Drive: 33 Mb
- Sound: definitely 🙂