Yo! Check it out… ToeJam and Earl are back on Earth once again, getting funky and running from those crazy Earthlings. Deja vu! (deja vu!) Here’s the basics… TJ decides it’s a good idea to “borrow” the Rapmaster Rocketship from Lamont (no point waking him up, right?), so he and Big E. can take Latisha and Lewanda out for a joyride. While they’re in orbit around Earth, maybe showing off just a little, TJ tells Earl to crank the bass on the speakers and “Press the RED button!” Unfortunately, that’s the button that says: “Black Hole – Do Not Press!!” (Doh!) You can pretty much guess the rest, TJ and Earl once again find themselves searching for the pieces of their Rocketship, collecting power-up presents left lying around by Santa, and dealing with the less-than-rational human beings.
Back in the Groove is a mash-up of the very best features from the classic console games (that’s one and two, y’all), with a pile of new features thrown in. The goal is to give old skool TJ & E fans a pure blast of funky nostalgia, and give new players a taste of the light-hearted, co-op play that is TJ & E.
- Nine playable characters including: TJ and E, Latisha, Lewanda, GeekJam, Peabo, and Earl’s mom, Flo.
- Randomly generated stacked levels, just like game one, but now you can see down!
- Lots of secret locations (yes level 0 is there too!), and new terrain types.
- A TON of funky music. 13 remakes of old favorite songs and 13 new songs in the same old skool funky style.
- A dynamic split-screen for couch co-op play, as well as online play – supports up to 4 players!
- Randomly generated, improved Hyperfunk Zone allows for multi-player co-op too!
- A huge number of new presents, Earthlings, player character stats, character-specific dialogue, permanent power-hats, and many features that enhance cooperative play and make this the best Toejam and Earl yet!
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB / AMD Radeon HD 4870 1GB
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: Yes