Wyrmsun is an open-source real-time strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
In the Wyrmsun universe a myriad of inhabited planets exist. Humans dwell on Earth, while dwarves inhabit Nidavellir and elves nourish the world of Alfheim. These peoples struggle to carve a place for themselves with their tools of stone, bronze and iron. And perhaps one day they will meet one another, beyond the stars…
- Retro-style graphics
- 3 playable civilizations
- Story-based scenarios, playable on a huge map
- Dozens of units, buildings and technologies
- Personal names and traits for units, being generated from several historical and fictional languages
- Units can earn experience, being able to upgrade to new unit types or acquire new abilities upon level-up
- Persistent heroes, who carry over their level, abilities and items throughout scenarios
- Possibility to create your own custom persistent heroes
- Normal, magic-enchanted and unique items drop from enemies
- Very moddable game, with a built-in mod editor and Steam Workshop integration
- In-game encyclopedia, allowing players to learn more about the units, buildings and other elements of the game, as well as their historical and mythological sources of inspiration
- No microtransactions
Wyrmsun receives constant patches, frequently providing you with new content and features!
Note: Multiplayer uses a peer-to-peer connection, so that you may need to tweak your firewall settings or port-forward to make use of the feature. See the Wyrmsun Q&A for instructions on how to port-forward.
Join us in Wyrmsun’s Discord channel to chat about the game and discuss the development of new additions to it!
- OS: Windows XP (SP3) or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Merom) 1.66GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 or equivalent
- Storage: 230 MB available space
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn) 2.53 GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD or equivalent